Thursday, December 16, 2010

Photo Restoration Project - Golden Earrings

CLICK on photo to enlarge. Working on a photo restoration for my dad. This is a picture of my mom taken in 1948 entitled "Golden Earrings." Any comments, critiques, suggestions welcome. I'm just trying to restore it, I don't want to repaint it if possible. Mostly using layer masks and when I first started, I used the color balance tool to take out all the sepia and get down to the remaining color that was left. I redrew her eyes from scratch and I also drew in the earrings and used a layer opacity on them. I've also been using the spot healing tool to remove all the scratches and marks. The right side of her face looks like she's smeared with dirt though. I need to clean that up somehow. The shadow just isn't quite right. Comments? Suggestions? Critiques?

No comments:

Post a Comment